|Narcolepsy, obstructive sleep apnoea, shift-work sleep disorder, chronic fatigue syndrome
Modvigil-200 (Modafinil) is a tablet form of Modafinil containing 200mg per tablet. Modafinil is precribed to people with sleeping disorders such as narcolepsy. It can help increase wakefulness in patients with excessive sleepiness by acting on neurotransmitters in the brain. There are also off-label uses for Modafinil. It improves cognition, memory and alertness and is often used by students before and suring exams and by workers with heay demands of deadlines.
Dosage and Administration
Modvigil-200 (Modafinil) is a tablet that should be swallowed whole with a glass of water. It can be taken with or without food. If taken for narcolepsy, it is usually taken in the morning. If taken for its cognitive enhancing properties, it should be taken approximately one hour prior to the beginning of your work.
Dosage is dependant on your condition and will be advised by your doctor. Generally, the recommended dosage will be 200mg taken once daily in the morning if taken for narcolepsy, and 200mg taken prior to beginning work if used for shift work sleep disorder or as a work or studying aid.
The most common side effects associasted with Modvigil-200 (Modafinil) are:
- anxiety or nervoussness
Less common side effects you may experience include:
- back pain
- muscle stiffness
- heartburn or indigestion
- decrease in appetite
- dryness of the mouth or skin
Modvigil-200 (Modafinil) should not be used by patientsw with heart or heart valve issues.
Before taking Modvigil-200 (Modafinil), you should advise your doctor if you:
- are pregnant, or trying to become pregnant
- are breastfeeding
- are taking any other prescription or over-the-counter medicine
- have any allergies
- have or have had in the past any problems with your kidney, liver or heart
- have any history of mental disorder
- are taking any MAOIs (monoamine oxidase inhibitors)
Modafinil may cause dizziness. Do not drive or operate machinery until you realize how you react to Modafinil. Do not take alcohol with Modafinil.
Drug Interactions with Modafinil:
- Erythromycin or ketoconazole may increase the risk of Modafinil's side effects.
- Carbamazepine, phenobarbital or rifampin may decrease the effectiveness of Modafinil.
- The side effects of clomipramine, desipramine, diazepam, hydantoins, omeprazole, propranolol and warfarin may be increased by taking Modafinil.
- The effectiveness of cyclosporine, hormonal products (birth control pills, hormone replacement therapies etc), midazolam, quetiapine, or triazolam may be decreased by using Modafinil.