|Sleeping disorders such as narcolepsy and sleep apnea
R-Modawake (Armodafinil) is an eugeroic drug (or wakefullness-promoting agent). It is the enantiopure of Modafinil. Armodafinil is used as a treatment for sleeping disorders such as narcolepsy and sleep apnea, and is also used to treat shift work sleep disorder. Some people use Armodafinil as a nootropic as it helps improve concentration, improve memory and cognition.
Dosage and Administration
R-Modawake (Armodafinil) dosage is usually 150mg or 250mg daily. It is taken in the morning for narcolepsy and sleep apnea. It is taken one hour prior to beginning work if being used for shift-work sleep disorder, or if it is being used as a nootropic or study aid.
R-Modawake (Armodafinil) may cause some side effects, especially in the early stages of use. It may take some time for your body to adjust to taking a new medicine. Most side effects will be temporary and only last as long as it takes for your body to adjust.
Some of the less serious side effects may include:
- headache, dizziness
- feeling nervous or anxious
- nausea, diarrhea, upset stomach
- trouble sleeping (insomnia)
- dry mouth
More serious side effects that will require medical attention include:
- fever, sore throat, headache, and vomiting
- severe blistering, peeling, and red skin rash
- any type of skin rash, no matter how mild
- severe tingling, numbness, pain, muscle weakness
- easy bruising or bleeding
- mouth sores, trouble swallowing
- upper stomach pain, itching, loss of appetite, dark urine, clay-colored stools
- jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes)
- depression, confusion, hallucinations, aggression, unusual thoughts or behavior
- chest pain, uneven heart beats
R-Modawake (Armodafinil) must not be used in patients who have a history of heart problems. It must also not be taken by anyone who is allergic to Armodafinil, Modafinil, or any similar medicines. If you have a history of heart valve problems you should not take Armodafinil.
R-Modawake (Armodafinil) can interact with certain other medicines. Certain medicines and medical conditions may also interact with Armodafinil and change its effectiveness. If any of the following apply to you, please make sure to discuss your condition with a doctor before using Armodafinil:
- if you are pregnant, trying to become pregnant or are breastfeeding
- if you are taking any prescription medicines, over-the-counter medicines, nutritional supplements or herbal treatments
- if you have any allergies to medicines or foods
- if there is any personal or family history of mental illness
- if you have any cardiovascular problems such as angina (chest pain), hypertension (high blood pressure) or if you have had a heart attack or stroke
- if you have any kidney or liver problems